Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact, it's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration, it's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary. Impossible is nothing


Tuesday, January 12, 2010

I find it amusing that I always feel the most blessed when my life is in more of a low point, when things aren't necessarily going how I'd like them to.

But maybe that's how it's supposed to be. Maybe when we need to remember the most, we really think about all the things that we should be thankful for.

I feel slightly silly for having so much and taking it for granted, so tonight I am counting my blessings. I might not be able to change the way that people perceive certain things, but I can continually work on ways to walk the path that I believe is true. I can try harder to lead by example, silently. I can smile hoping that might slightly crack other's harden hearts.

I can work hard for the things that I want. I can sigh a deep breath that I know what it is I want to work hard for. I can sleep easily knowing that I can change my mind if I want to.

I can be reminded that everyone makes mistakes, even me. I can remember how it feels when I do make a mistake and have compassion for other's and their own faults.

I am allowed to love, even if what I love hurts me. I am allowed to find a love that loves me back. It is entirely my choice.

I can make the memories today that will bring a smile to my face 50 years from now.

No comments:

Post a Comment