Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact, it's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration, it's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary. Impossible is nothing


Sunday, June 21, 2009

heartbreak and friendship

Today I got my heart broken. It sucked...like really sucked. And the thing is this isn't my first time at the rodeo, I went through heart break before, and it took a while, but I did get over it. I think the thing that made it so awful this time was because I honestly didn't think he would do this. I had my instincts, when you have gypsy powers and you have a gypsy dream about the guy you are seeing breaking up with you, you should probably listen to your gypsy instincts. But that is neither here nor there...basically I was devastated. Have you ever seen Sex And The City the movie? You know that part when the girls arrive in Mexico and Carrie goes into the bathroom and she takes off her sunglasses and her eyes and face are ridiculously puffy from hours of crying. Well, that is what I looked like today. All I have to say is thank goodness for huge sunglasses, they really are a girl's best friend.

But that isn't the story I want to focus on today. As I was driving home and crying every other second, I was able to talk to my best girlfriends. And after the usually sympathy and words of encouragement I realized that the blessing in this situation that I can see right now is that I am truly lucky to have all of these people in my life. I feel stupid and upset, but these girls never make me feel that way. For them to remind me that life does move forward and I will eventually not be sad is a very comforting thought. I am very thankful for these people, they are extraordinary. I don't know if I will ever find a guy who will want me for me, and for right now I am sad that an amazing guy felt that I wasn't right for him, but it is what it is.

The moral of this story...
Do not get involved with a guy who is too scared to tell his mother he is dating you because she might not approve.
When a guy you have been dating breaks it off but asks if you can still be friends refuse his request (as I did) If you are not good enough to date, you cannot be a consolation prize as his friend. It might be really upsetting, and hard, but by keeping in touch you could put yourself in jeopardy of getting hurt again.
Listen to your inner gypsy instincts, 9 chances out of 10 they are usually on the money.
Make sure you have a circle of friends who love you and will be there for you when you really need them most. If you don't have a circle that consists of this you need to start accepting new friend applications.
Crying sucks, make sure you always have your big sunglasses handy in case of an emergency cry.

Last but not least, I have to give a shout out to the people that I spoke to today. If your name is not on the list, that doesn't mean that you are not extremely important to me, it just means that you didn't have to hear me cry today! But for those of you who did; JENNI, DWYER, JESSI, JAIME, DANIELLE, ANA, ARIANNA, CHRISTOPER, JASON, KATIE and TIM...I love you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment